Excellence in Cardiac Testing
The Valley Children’s Cardiac Testing Center provides noninvasive diagnostic services for children and expectant mothers. With a goal of ensuring all patients with suspected or known congenital, cardiovascular and cardiopulmonary heart disease have access to effective, compassionate and innovative cardiac testing services, we provide:
- Digital 3D/4D Echocardiography (Transthoracic, Transesophageal and Fetal)
- Electrocardiography (EKG or ECG)
- Holter and Multi-event EKG Monitoring
- Pacemaker Analysis and Reprogramming
In 1997, Valley Children’s Cardiac Testing Center became the first accredited (ICAEL) pediatric echocardiography laboratory in the nation and continues to maintain these high-quality national standards. We remain one of the only facilities in California and the Western United States to be accredited in both pediatric and fetal echocardiography.
Advanced Capabilities with Advanced Imaging
The Willson Heart Center performs over 8,500 electrocardiograms annually and more than 10,000 echocardiograms (echos) per year, including more than 400 fetal echos. The Center has cardiac imaging units designed exclusively for pediatric echos and equipped with 3D/4D capabilities. One of the units is available at our McHenry Specialty Care Center Modesto.
Cardiac Testing is part of The Willson Heart Center and serves inpatients and outpatients from all over Central California and beyond. We also provide noninvasive technical support for cardiology practices located in Merced, Modesto, Visalia, Bakersfield and San Luis Obispo, and we are an important part of the Valley Children’s Prenatal Diagnostic Center.
Multidisciplinary Services for Improved Outcomes
Our specialists at The Willson Heart Center work together with a multidisciplinary approach to care. Each of the following specialty care areas use our advanced imaging capabilities to monitor and improve outcomes:
- Cardiothoracic Surgery: Echocardiograms are performed in the operating room to confirm that repairs are successful.
- NICU: Evaluation of premature infants with cardiac conditions and guiding the critical care management of premature infant patients with cardiac conditions.
- PICU: Guiding the critical care management of patients with cardiac conditions.
Pediatricians in the community can choose to utilize The Willson Heart Center’s cardiology testing services directly to determine if their patient has a cardiac condition. Please refer to our Pediatric Cardiology Referral Guidelines for more information.